Thursday 30 August 2012

Passion for Fashion blogger challenge.


Today I received a email from the lovely Chris on behalf of the Passion For Fashion challenge ran by MoneySupermarket, which I cant wait to show you all! The aim is to create some fantastic looks for A/W by being as creative and stylish as you can, but also looking for great value products and make potential savings wherever possible. There will be 6 winners; one for each category, winning £200 to spend on the outfit they've put together. There will also be an overall winner who will win £1000 to spend on all five outfits, plus an ipad 3!

To enter send an email with a link to your entry to passionforfashion@moneysupermarket.com no later than 24th September, also be sure to tell your friends about the competition by tweeting using #PassionforFashion.



Here are my five looks -
Party
Total = £100.99

I love nothing more than dressing up for a special occasion (which I really don't do enough) . I chose the Playsuit as I thought it would be a great alternative to the LBD and who doesn't love a bit of sparkle for a party? For the shoes I chose plain black wedges as I thought keep the outfit just black with an accent of colour, the red clutch and finally the leather jacket i added for when it begins to get chilly, plus I thought the jacket could be worn over and over again in the A/W months. I'd also pair the outfit with nude tights too as wearing a playsuit on its on in the those winter months will be cold. As you can see this outfit has no accessories as other than the belt with the playsuit as i'm not a lover of them at all.

Casual
Total = £162.97

I love this outfit so much and its possibly an outfit i'd wear over and over, I adore the Missguided jumper and the blazers so much (why do I not own them yet?!).  Again this is another outfit with no accessories apart from the cute Disney watch.

Outdoor
Total = £178.19

I'm someone who is always cold so this outfit is perfect for me, I thought i'd go with pretty neutral colours as i'm someone who is pretty scared of colour. I love the coat so much as its pretty different from other parkas i've seen as it has a leopard trim on the hood (cute, huh?), I think the coat is definitely a A/W must have too as it could be worn again. I'd also say the Ukalas are a must have too, I already own a pair in cream which I wore through all weathers last winter and they're still in excellent condition now, they are a little pricey at £65 but different colours are different prices starting at £16.98. I think the jeans are an excellent purchase, they're pretty cheap but excellent quality and can be worn all year round. I adore the jumper far too much, the design is so pretty and it looks like it would be really warm meaning it could be worn on its own, I also love the satchel. It could be worn with any outfit and Finally my favourite of this outfit is the Cupcake Beanie, its gorgeous.
First Date
Total = £146.96

This outfit is by far my faviourite i've done for this challenge. I thought id be a bit and not go really girl for a date, I love skater dresses so much and the print on this one is perfect, I've paired it with creepers which I already own and are a great investment. I also think the the Real Leather jacket would be a great investment too, coming in at just under £60 its a great price for real leather and would be able to be worn in years to come. I'd also pair this outfit with black tights for when it starts getting really cold. Finally I chose simple black nail polish and a beautiful Disney Couture Poison Apple ring, which I love.

Office
Total = £83. 97

I've never really needed office wear as I've only ever worked in a school which was pretty casual. I love this outfit though. The dress is gorgeous and could be work with so much more for different occasions. For the shoes, I thought instead of heels id go with studded loafers as studs are really "in" at the moment and are seen everywhere, also I thought they'd be pretty comfy as you could be on your feet a lot in an office. I thought a blazer would be key in an office even if its not worn in the office it would be great for lunch in the chilly A/W months.I also thought a big bag would be key and this one is great and only £25 too! Finally I chose a light pink lipstick by MUA to add a little colour to the outfit.

I've loved doing this challenge but I must admit I really struggled.

Love Alex  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...